Monday, October 13, 2008

Headed to North Island for Volcanoes and Road Trip Pics

In just a few hours, I'm flying up to Auckland for a week on the North Island. I'm hoping to ski the three big volcanoes up there: Taranaki, Ruapehu, and Ngauruhoe. There's a map below to help locate them, but I am also putting up a slideshow (further down) of a road trip from a week ago.

View Larger Map

Road Trip Slideshow
Like most roadtrips, there's a lot of windshield time -and that's where I took most of the pictures. Take a look at the slideshow; it tells the story in the captions.
For best viewing, go to my Picasa site, but it also plays here:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am thoroughly enjoying your trip! such stunning beauty and tales of friends making memories. be safe and happy. write when you get work.
xox
mom

Le Pistoir said...

Japan is next! ;-)