Monday, September 15, 2008

Storm and Drum

Saturday night after the Golite sale, went to Red Rocks for Monolith festival. Saw The Fratelli's, Vampire Weekend , Del and Heiroglyphics (see slideshow below. The VW set was during sunset, as the full moon rose over Denver's lights and pink/red/mauve moved across the clouds from in front of us to behind us. Very dramatic, as the lead singer remarked several times. I have some pics, but on a borrowed camera. If there is one lesson I hope I've learned this weekend, it's that, to be a photographer, one needs a camera. So I forgot to bring one to the concert as well and missed great shots of sunlit virga behind the stage, the moon rising on the crowd...Good pics that it hurts to have missed and I hope than serves as a reminder to miss fewer shots in the future.

No comments: