Thursday, September 25, 2008

Welcome to New Zealand, mate!

Did it! Finally here! I have been here a week and things are happening, but I have slacked on scribing. So now I'll catch up the blog to the last five days:
Flew in at 10 in the morning Monday, the 22nd and met Sheena just as I walked outside. Events fit together like clockwork from that point on. She drove me to their place while I gawked at the peaks that loom at least 2000m (6000') above the valley, which is filled with an enormous lake covering the bottom of the glacial valley. I was completely disoriented by the 18-hour flight and time/date change. So when Jonathan wanted to go up on Deer Park Hill, I just followed along. It's a reserve slash petting zoo on this old glacier knob that stands almost in the lake between Queenstown and Remarkables, where they did some filming for Lord of the Rings. Here are the pics:

See the trip from Colorado to California here:

and then to New Zealand:

No comments: